PROJECTS CONTROLS ENGINEER
Eastgate Engineering is seeking to recruit a Projects Controls Engineer for UK Projects
• Responsible for the development of the overall project controls infrastructure to include Work Breakdown Structure, Overall Project Plan, Code of Accounts, Project Estimate, Budgets, Project Schedule and resource requirements to execute the project.
• Directs performance measurement activities on all facets of the project – Engineering, Contracts, Materials and Equipment Procurement and Construction.
• Responsible for designing and developing reports and associated management tools to identify problem areas and recommend corrective action as the project proceeds.
• Performs schedule optimisation, studies and cost-benefit analyses resulting in a timelier and efficient execution of the project.
• Supervises and prepares staff to respond to urgent Management requests for data, reporting and cost and schedule analyses in a timely manner.
• Lead spokesman for project on all areas of Project controls.
• Provides technical and operational direction to project controls staff.
• Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
• Identifies, analyses, and provides innovative solutions to cost engineering and planning / scheduling problems.
• Reviews and approves all project cost forecasts and progress reports.
• Reviews draft construction contracts for adequacy of cost and schedule requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Engineering Degree
• E&I contracting experience is essential
• Proven track record and experience of projects up to 600,000 manhours
• Ability to manage and lead a diverse team
• Knowledge of computerised proprietary cost control systems
• Ability to assess project risks and understand associated contingencies
• Strong organisational skills
• Understanding HSE regulations and standards
• Ability to implement cost control measures
• Must be eligible to work in UK & Europe