PLANNER / PROJECT CONTROLS ENGINEER
Eastgate Engineering is seeking to recruit a Planner / Projects Controls Engineer for UK Projects
• Responsible for the development of the overall project controls infrastructure to include Work Breakdown Structure, Overall Project Plan, Code of Accounts, Project Estimate, Budgets, Project Schedule and resource requirements to execute the project.
• Directs performance measurement activities on all facets of the project – Engineering, Contracts, Materials and Equipment Procurement and Construction.
• Responsible for designing and developing reports and associated management tools to identify problem areas and recommend corrective action as the project proceeds.
• Performs schedule optimisation, studies and cost-benefit analyses resulting in a timelier and efficient execution of the project.
• Provides technical and operational direction to project controls staff.
• Provides planning support to the project team for all project planning related aspects of the project.
• Analyse updated plans and highlight any areas of risk or schedule conflict to the project manager. Report slippages against project baselines and advise potential impact on project critical activities.
• Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
• Identifies, analyses, and provides innovative solutions to cost engineering and planning / scheduling problems.
• Reviews and approves all project cost forecasts and progress reports.
• Reviews draft construction contracts for adequacy of cost and schedule requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Engineering Degree Preferred
• E&I contracting experience is essential
• Experience in E&I planning is essential
• Proficient in using project planning software Primavera P3 & P6.
• Proven track record with major projects
• Ability to assess project risks and understand associated contingencies
• Strong organisational skills
• Understanding HSE regulations and standards
• Ability to implement cost control measures
• Must be eligible to work in UK & Europe