PROJECT MANAGER (E&I)
UK & IRELAND
• Prepare pre-mobilisation plans and pre-construction requirements including HSE and Quality Plans
• Validation and preparation of commercial budgets and essential reporting structures
• Assess need for input of labour, supervision and equipment during the course of construction.
• Ensure that methods of work are up to date, efficient and in accordance with company and client safety policies and Occupational Health and Safety.
• Ensure that developments on site, which under the terms of the contract document that requires special evaluation and assessment, are correctly identified and appropriate action taken.
• Ensure construction/installation keeps to budget/plan.
• Investigate and account for any deviations from budget man-hours.
• Ensure construction organisation is adequate, that staff at all levels understand their role and responsibilities and that effective delegation takes place.
• Assist with and co-ordinate the project design and constructability.
• Managing project health and safety with support from the HSE Manager.
• Prepare technical and financial proposals with the Proposal Manager.
• Maintain project cost control and reporting.
• Train and mentor junior and intermediate staff.
• Work with field staff to resolve technical and constructability issues.
• Prepare and administrate multiple subcontracts.
• Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports – HSE/Procurement/P.Controls/Commercial/Quality/Engineering/Construction
• 15+ years construction experience with a minimum of 10 years as a Project Manager
• Relevant post-secondary construction/trades related education
• Preference given to those with Project Management certification
• Preference given to those with experience in the O&G, Power Generation and heavy industrial sectors
• Good contractual knowledge
• Strong communication skills
• Strong knowledge of project controls, estimating, scheduling, tendering, planning
• Strong construction safety knowledge
• Leadership skills
• Computer Applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word