• The Instrument Commissioning Technician will be responsible for the installation, calibration, testing, pre-commissioning and commissioning of all instrument equipment processes on site, providing technical direction across the process, monitoring and reporting to the site supervisor.
• Safely perform commissioning, testing, troubleshooting and diagnose faults on the following:
- Calibration checks of field instrumentation.
- Stroke test of pneumatic, hydraulic and motor-operated valves.
- Loop-checks and troubleshooting I/O checking and troubleshooting.
- Receipt verification and bench checks of instruments.
- Interlocks, alarms and controls performance verification.
- Installation inspection against design documentation.
- Use of calibration and testing instruments to inspect, test and perform troubleshooting and diagnose faults.
- Communicate design discrepancies and issues to the site supervisor / engineer.
- Compilation and completion of test pack documentation.
- Updating spreadsheets for progress of systems.
- Completion of daily reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Applicants must hold a national craft certificate, ONC, HNC, HND from their country
• Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in a construction environment as an industrial instrument technician with experience if power plants and oil and gas projects.
• Possess a strong safety focus and exceptional safety record
• Exceptional instrument (electrical / mechanical) aptitude and trouble shooting skills
• Must be able to use a variety of instrument calibration and testing equipment and tools
• Must be able to interpret P&ID’s, logic diagrams, loop diagrams, data sheets, cause and effects. Interpret and use appropriate instrument and automation specific standards.
• Must have experience with pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devises to inspect and test instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults.
• PLC/DCS experience
• Highly motivates, creative and proactive with willingness and ability to multi-task.
• Strong interpersonal, time management, organisation and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment
• Computer proficient in Microsoft, excel and word.