Eastgate Engineering is looking to recruit a Health Safety and Environment Officer to cover our UK based projects.
We are looking to recruit an experienced, proven Health & Safety officer with significant experience working in a similar role ideally with Electrical Contractor in the Oil and Gas Sector/Power Generation industries. (Construction & Commissioning Phases) The successful candidate will maintain company compliance with health and safety laws. You will also be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace. As a safety officer you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards. You will also be able to discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs. The ability to communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary & multi-cultural workforce is essential. The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety.
The general job specification is as follows:
• Overall responsibility for the safe execution of projects and site/construction implementation
• Developing and executing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
• Preparing for internal, client or 3rd party HSE audits.
• Preparing and enforcing policies to establish a culture of health and safety
• Evaluating practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
• Provide day to day advice and support to project site management, supervisors on safety issues associated with daily activates
• Promote safe working practices and lead site safety initiative programmes
• Gather accurate safety performance data from project produce weekly (including an assessment against KPI) reports.
• Carry out Investigations of safety - environmental accidents /incidents and produce reports / corrective actions.
• Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
• Undertake Safety site inspections and audits in accordance with project audit plan
• Issue CAR’s / NCR’s where appropriate and track remedial actions
• Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
• Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
• Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
• Be the focal point for safety training and conduct any site safety briefings as required and promote the development of a positive Safety culture.
• Undertake and implement safety initiatives on sites as required
• Liaise with our Client with regard to any safety matters
• Attend site HSE & Construction meetings.
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience preferably with E&I contractor experience
• Health and Safety Diploma or Degree is essential.
• Manual Handling Instructor, working at Height Instructor and Abrasive Wheels Instructor would be advantageous;
• Excellent communications and interpersonal abilities required.
• Excellent skills in accident investigations / reporting essential
• Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
• Occupational First Aider
• Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
• Accustomed to producing reports, recording KPIs and developing relevant policies
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment